Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What shade of Green are you?


Being a relatively new convert to the Green movement, I'm still catching on to the lingo. A few days ago I ran across the question which has become the title of this post. Apparently, there are different shades of green based on how serious you are about your environmental impact.

Light Green is for most of us, those who consider the impact of the big things they are doing, often more out of monetary than environmental concern(extra cellulose insulation in your attic will save you money), maybe going as far as trying to buy some organic foods and consider a higher mpg vehicle for the car and stop littering, maybe even start using re-usable grocery bags to save some of the 500 plastic bags a year that the average American goes through

Medium Green is when you've decided to start doing some recycling, maybe buy one of the low flow shower heads I've been talking about, go ahead and purchase the hybrid, trying to buy more locally sourced products.

Dark Green...you know who you are, these folks are trying to eliminate their environmental impact entirely, we're talking composting toilets, bike to work, garden eating, own clothes making...


So, my goal is to become light dark green...I have the low flow faucets, toilets, and shower heads, I recycle, I want to get solar panels and maybe even a windmill for the house! I think I've got my wife talked into using gDiapers for the new baby. When I get home, I'm installing syrup taps on our big maple tree....but don't expect to see me in hemp clothing tending my garden and writing songs about mother earth just yet.


As Brandon would say...The best is yet to come.

No comments:

map