Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Son


I LOVE my son!
Alexander Gabriel is almost 3 1/2 and cracks me up EVERY day. Today was no exception, Erika was running late for work so I offered to get Alex ready and take him to his sitter. He has developed a serious aversion to wearing anything other than pajamas, so we had a discussion about this and why he was not allowed to leave the house in them, after which I asked him to finish his food, his response..."IT'S NOT FOOD. IT'S BREAKFAST!!!"

He was eating VERY slowly, so I finally coaxed him into the car with his unfinished food to eat on the way. Getting in, he almost spilled it and got mad at me for him almost spilling his breakfast. It made me think...

I do the same thing... I get mad at others for things that I do, and worry about things that haven't even happened. Silly when I see my 3 year old do it, but totally justified when I do it?

I think not.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I realize more and more that so many of the things kids do, are the things adults are doing too. So many times we expect children to act like little adults, which they aren't even mature enough to do- yet many times mature adults still act like children. Not saying you're acting like a child. ;) Just making an observation about adults' expectations of children vs. expectations of themselves.

map