Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Top 3 #16

I've been a Registered Investment Advisor for nearly a decade, but it's pretty rare that I give any advice these days. Since I've been re-allocating my stock portfolio I thought I'd share the top three new stocks I'm adding this year.

As with all of my Top 3's...this is purely my opinion and may not even be good for me much less anyone else...

I do believe that one of the themes that is here to stay is the move towards sustainability and being "green" I'm adding the following to my portfolio to capitalize on this trend...

3. Whole Foods Market (WFMI)-- Yes, the economy is down and folks are tightening the belts, but one of the easiest places to maintain some luxury is in those grain fed steaks you get here vs. going out to dinner...They also still pay a nice dividend, have cash, and show nice profitability.

2. JA Solar Holdings (JASO)--With the removal of the $2,000 cap on federal Tax credits for residential solar power systems, it opens the door to a much larger group of potential buyers, including ME! This is one of the smaller public companies in the solar game...

1. American Apparel (APP)--The former high flyer has gotten creamed lately, but their Made in the USA, sweatshop free, image will continue to build a following and increase their already solid profits.

Honorable Mention--Interface Flooring (IFSIA) low p/e, dividend, and goal of 0 negative environmental impact within 10 years, well on their way...

So those are a few investment choices I'm making right now...we'll see what happens next...

No comments:

map