Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Top 3 #15

I had a couple ideas but then I decided to stop drinking in preparation for my upcoming BIG RUN and read an interesting article in Money Magazine that inspired me to make this weeks top three...

Top 3 most consumed Liquors in the U.S.

3. Rum--13% of total. This is a classic for mixing with anything fruity, but one of my very favorite's is Sailor Jerry's Spiced dark rum... yum.

2. Whiskey--Given my passion for locally sourced products, this is the only one I buy with any regularity, of course being a good Tennessean mine are Dickel and Daniels, but there are several Kentucky rye's and of course the ever popular Scotch whiskey's, it takes a quarter (25%) of the market.

1. Vodka-- 28% of all liquor sold in the U.S. is Vodka, the recent trend being towards ultra high end and flavored varieties, someone gave me a raspberry vodka mixed with coke at a Christmas party and it was dangerously delicious.

Honorable Mention-- the distant fourth most consumed liquor is Gin...I'm not a fan, apparently neither are most other Americans, it accounts for 6% of consumption.

As with most things, moderation is the way to go when it comes to spirits so don't go gettin crazy out there, and I'll see you after the marathon!

No comments:

map