Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Top three #17

I've touched on things I'm doing about my environmental impact, but haven't put anything in a list for you...it's time to fix that. Here they are...

Top 3 things you can do to immediately UP your GREEN, I'm gonna give you FOUR!

4. Setting your thermostat just 2 degrees lower in winter and higher in summer could save about 2,000 pounds of carbon dioxide each year.

3. Replace your shower head with a 1.5GPM low flow version--This has become one of my favorites, it's so easy I can do it myself, and I am definitely not plumbing inclined! The average two shower a day household will save over 7,000 gallons of water a year, more than paying for the cost of even the best new shower head.

2. Replace Light bulbs with CFL's or even LED's if you can find them inexpensively enough. Your home accounts for nearly half of all your consumption, this is a quick and easy way to lower it. If every U.S. family replaced one regular light bulb with a CFL, it would eliminate 90 billion pounds of greenhouse gases, the same as taking 7.5 million cars off the road.

1. Change your purchasing habits...buy local, buy in bulk to reduce packaging, buy recycled, and simply buy less...

Honorable Mention--Tell others to do the same, if everyone just did those three things above, we could DRASTICALLY improve our environment...

No comments:

map