Friday, January 30, 2009

Spending money...

Is something I usually hate doing. Today, I'm putting new tires on my wife's car, something I've postponed longer than I should have.

I kept thinking I might try to hold out and trade it in, and I may yet do that soon, if so the best choices for a family vehicle for someone who needs to haul a ladder occasionally and take a trip to the beach with a family of four including a diapered child but also is trying to minimize their choking of the ozone...are the Saturn VUE Hybrid and the Ford Escape/Mariner/Tribute, which is the better choice since it gets better mileage and now has 100% recycled cloth seating!

After some further review I've also narrowed down my own new car choices to two... The Volkswagen CC, which is based on them bringing a manufacturing facility to Chattanooga and the fact that it's one of the best looking sedans out right now and it gets 31 MPG hwy (which is where most of my driving is done)...and the American green choice, the new 2010 Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan Hybrid which has just been given its EPA MPG ratings of 41 City/36 Hwy...AWESOME for an American mid-sized car!

I've just bought some time with Erika's car getting new tires, but mine went over 120k miles this week...it's about time to take some test drives.

1 comment:

mKla said...

Excellent Jeremy! I am a huge proponent of buying locally. It is the benefit of being a capitalist economy that we have a choice of whom to patronize. But there is also an increasing attitude of "someone else will fix it" that keeps individuals from seeing their role in their community.

map