Saturday, January 10, 2009

Meyers-Briggs

When I was in High School I took the Meyers-Briggs personality profile for the first time. I remember it clearly because I was a slight Introvert and embarrassed when the results were read aloud in class.

For the next few years after that, my Dad was working on his Masters and Doctorate in Organizational Leadership and one of the things he worked on frequently was dealing with various personality types and tests, so yours truly had the "opportunity" to take the test a lot more.

As I experienced various personal life experiences I became more extroverted and my results started to change, I became a consistent ESTJ.

I hadn't thought about the test since right before marriage when Erika and I both took it and my results were once again confirmed. Since then, LOTS has happened, so I was curious to see if I had changed when I saw the link on Mike's blog. The biggest change is fatherhood, and I think that's why when I just took it again for the first time in nearly 6 years my results were very different...

Click to view my Personality Profile page

So being a dad has made me an intuitive, feeling, perceiver....huh

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm an INFJ. :)

KathyW said...

Interesting theory. I've been a consistent ESTJ....we'll see if that changes if kids ever come.

map