Thursday, January 29, 2009

Focused effort

I want to change the world! I see a World Vision commercial and I'm immediately stirred, though I don't cry like one friend when I see commercials for unwanted pets...

Our family has given to various causes and even volunteered with several organizations. It's not enough...

If we try to change everything, we usually end up changing nothing, so...

Here are the places that need it most...

I started with the poorest places and found that they were also the most dangerous...

Poorest Countries in the world--
The order changes based on which list you look at, but most are in Africa
Rwanda...you can buy coffee
Burundi...they export coffee and tea
Tanzania...give them some tourism dollars, safari and climb Mt. Kilimanjaro


Afghanistan

Poorest Country in the Western Hemisphere
Haiti

Poor Cities in America
Detroit, MI
New Orleans, LA

SO...this year i'm going to focus my giving of resources (time and money) to--

Tanzania--one of the poorest in the world

Haiti--Poor western country

New Orleans--Poor U.S. City

Southeast TN--Home

I'm not sure what this will involve, and I'm definitely open to ideas and suggestions...

let's change the world

No comments:

map