Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Top Three #21

I travel a lot for work. I care about the environment. The two often aren't easy to reconcile. That's why I've been tracking what some hotels are doing, so here are...

The Top 3 Green Hotel Chains

3. Fairmont--This is an upscale chain with a growing commitment to the environment

2. Kimpton-- Another nice chain with a focus on sustainability

1. element by Starwood-- This is the only one I've actually stayed at since the others are fewer and more expensive look for these coming to a city near you.

Honorable Mention--The best choice is actually a local independent B&B, a good place to start is HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this list. A good resource that we use when traveling is Environmentally Friendly Hotels

They have a fabulous list of Green hotels there.

Lisa S.

map