Saturday, March 21, 2009

ADD Fishing

Part of my paternity leave duties include entertaining Alex and keeping him out of mommy's way and off her nerves, that was the reason for a little road trip this past Friday morning.
Alexander, Papo (my grandfather), Robbie (my brother), and I all went fishing yesterday.
I am not a fisherman, sitting on a dock or in a boat waiting for hours to catch something slimy that doesn't want to be around me, then kill, clean, and eat it have never been my idea of a good time.

This was different! 

First, one of my favorite fish to eat, is rainbow trout. 
Second, being able to catch them within 20 minutes of my house is nice.
Third, throwing a line in, to almost immediately be reeling in a nice fish is my kind of fun!
Fourth, to see the looks on Alex and Papo's face was worth the trip! 

I explained it to some people later in the afternoon as the perfect fishing trip for someone with ADD, no waiting, just action. Maybe this is part of why ADD even exists, our society has become one of instant gratification. 

I chuckle as I write, watch TV, hold my newborn son, and eat a snack that I bought at the store... 

No comments:

map