Sunday, March 15, 2009

A letter to my unborn son

As of now, I still have an unborn son, he is likely the last such son I will have...and even he will be out in the world within hours!

So here is my last chance to tell him anything without him interrupting, first with crying, pooping, and spit up, then on to jumping on my back, elbows to the face, and darting away without notice...

Son

I love you more than I can ever express in words or actions. I will do my best to tell you and show you every day!

You're mother and I have been and will continue to be praying for you...

Not that life would be simple, or fair, but that you will be prepared for all it has to offer and when opportunity arrives, you'll be confidently ready and waiting for it.

Not that faith comes easy, but that you will see in us and creation around you reasons to believe, and that faith would become the core of who you are.

Not that you show strength, but compassion, mercy, love and action, and see it lived through us

I can't wait to see you, hold you, pray with you, play with you, and help you figure out what you are here for and to go after it with all your heart.

I'll always be a guide, defender, a safe place, someone to talk to and and no matter what, I will always be your biggest fan.

See you soon!

With all I am,
Dad

map