Thursday, August 7, 2008

The week so far...

I've been in San Antonio, Texas, this week where my company set up a booth at the Church of God General Assembly. Some of you know, I grew up in the COG and have had mixed feelings about it for a long time. What I have realized this week here, is that this is a very diverse denomination. Unlike many others, they do a reasonably good job of encouraging racial, social, and geographic diversity and inclusion. I think this is a huge challenge, but we should be intentionally trying to develop relationships with people who may not look or act just like us, it's not easy or comfortable, but it will make us better.

On another note, I saw Step Brothers and while it had several moments of absolute laugh out loud hilarity, it was also possibly the most vulgar movie I have ever sat through. I feel a little guilty I enjoyed it so much!

San Antonio is a cool town and will definitely warrant a wrap up of what to do, see, eat, in the coming days.

1 comment:

Kevin Stover said...

I grew up COG as well, I love to see people getting excited about what really matters.

map