Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Scared

I have a tendency to do a lot of STUFF. I get busy...writing, surfing the internet, talking, working, doing projects, playing...when what I really should be doing is slowing down to focus on the few things that really matter, the BIG ROCKS. That seems to be the difference between those who do well in life and those who really become memorable, it's not usually that some are much smarter or luckier, it's just that some know why they are here and devote themselves to that fully.

That has become my most recurring prayer, that God would make it clear to me and my family why we are here and give us the courage, strength and FOCUS to pour ourselves into that life. To make his heart my heart and to chase after it with wild abandon. Even as I write that, there is a part of me that gets scared at where that could take us and what we could do, but sometimes it's good to be scared!

No comments:

map