Monday, August 11, 2008

Press On

Arrived back home from Texas a few hours ago, and since I drove almost the entire way and drank energy drinks, for some reason I am now having trouble going to sleep. Lots to ponder and share!

My Dad has been involved in an awesome ministry my whole life, http://www.mttm.org/, but yesterday found out that he would be leaving that to become the state overseer for the Church of God in Louisiana, http://www.lacog.org/. To say it was/is a shock would not do it justice, but they and we are processing it. In fact, the more I push out my own emotional ties to the life I and they have known and my bias to have them close to our family, I start to get really excited about how God can use them in this new role.

A TON of scripture comes to mind, but at the end of the day we must remember that "His ways are not our ways" and "All things work together for good, for those who love him". As I sit here, I have a small framed print with a picture of a runner on my desk that probably sums it up best, Phillipians 3:13-14 (NIV)--take a look.

I pray that I can follow my parents example of humility, obedience, and steadfastness.

No comments:

map