Monday, August 11, 2008

Greenville, SC

A very cool town. I've driven through many times, but just recently was able to spend some quality time in the area. To me, there are very few things as cool as visiting a city you know nothing about and just jumping into it to discover what makes it tick.

Greenville has a cool minor leage baseball stadium, even if they are affiliated with the Red Sox.
Great downtown restaurants, Deveraux, O, and Soby's, same owner but Soby's is the REAL DEAL! Also have a Sticky Fingers which is never a bad idea and...TEX MEX Sushi.
The coffee store that kicks Starbucks in the teeth, Port City Java.
Cool nightlife right along one of the best Main Streets named Main street I can recall.
Rocky River Park made me wish I had the family with me, although my son would have definitely tried to turn it into his own scuba expedition.
Firefly Sweet Tea Infused Vodka (Only in the South!) is dangerously delicious as is the local brew, Thomas Creek.
Stayed at the Westin Poinsett which is a cool mix of old and new and right in the heart of downtown, there is also a brand new Hampton Inn overlooking Rocky River, I'll try that one next time.
A couple cool churches, Seacoast and New Life, both have campuses in Greenville.
If you check it out during college football season be prepared for the construction orange clad Clemson Fans.
The BMW manufacturing facility where all X5, X6, and Z4's are made is also worth the 90 minutes and $5 cost of admission.

Definitely a city I look forward to visiting again soon.

No comments:

map