Thursday, August 21, 2008

BEDOGO...is that a word?

Yesterday I did a throwaway twitter about working on my motto, turns out it was actually true. I worked through the process of vision and mission statements a few years ago, and the last piece was to boil it all down to a very succinct life motto.

What's interesting about all of these, is that I think they morph and the priorty changes at different times in our life, for example, in my mission statement there was no mention of being the best Dad in the world when I wrote it, but now that is the opening statement. With the motto I wanted something that could stand the test of time and even leave room for changing definitions as time goes on. So with all of that in mind, my motto on how I will approach life is....

BE.DO.GO.

First thing I'm proud of, is that I was able to come up with three words that total six letters! But seriously, I could go on for a long time unpacking this, for now it's enough to leave them open to interpretation and critique. Over the next few weeks I'll throw in an occasional unpacking of each word as I want it to apply to my life.

No comments:

map