Thursday, August 28, 2008

Politics

I was born in Germany, my dad (from Detroit,MI) and mom (from Sutton, WV), were there as missionaries for the Church of God. Growing up I remember watching Ronald Reagan in Berlin and realizing how close that was to me! We moved to Tennessee when I was 11 and from then until college, I became increasingly interested in politics. In fact, I was the first President of the Tennessee Teenage Republicans. My entire high school, and much of my college career, were spent planning towards my future run for the Presidency (seriously!). As I look back now, having just passed the birthday which makes me officially old enough to run for Senate, I realize that much of my idealistic exuberance may have been misplaced. I saw a great speech tonight from an excellent orator and politician (Barack Obama) as I sat here, I realized that I don't want to be that guy. I want to make a difference in the world and that is very hard to do, but I think it's pretty well impossible to change the world for the better as President. So, my disillusionment complete, I am going to bed.

No comments:

map