Tuesday, September 9, 2008

BE.

A few weeks ago I shared my life motto, BE.GO.DO., now I'm going to start unpacking it a little further. I'll go in order, though as I've thought through it, the order could be mixed up and argued from all sides, but here we go...

I want to BE-- positive, strong, transparent, supportive, helpful, consistent, tenacious. A great Dad, loving Husband, good Son, true Friend, follower of Christ.

In order to do anything well with any consistency, we must have a goal, a target, an objective...begin with the end in mind. So as I move on to the GO and DO of my life, I should always be framing those with the BE, if they don't line up I need to drop it and go on to something more productive/better aligned. The goal of all this is a life well lived that has a positive impact beyond myself. To hear "well done" (Matthew 25).

Maybe Shakespeare was right...To BE or not to BE??

No comments:

map