Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Top Three #28

Having a five week old son, I'm quickly becoming a diaper guru...not in the changing of them...as I have a bit of a phobia for all things poo (even Winnie makes me nervous)...but more in the buying of them as that has become my contribution to the diapering of our younger son...

I also happen to be an increasingly obnoxious Greeniac (that might just catch on!) so when my attempts to get us(my wife) to use cloth diapers collapsed in a pile of rubble, I made it my mission to find the...

Top Three earth friendly disposable diapers (yes i realize calling any disposable diaper earth friendly is a stretch, but it helps me sleep at night)

3.Nature Boy and Girl--very new to the US market, created originally in Sweden, the ones we bought were made in Mexico...

2. Tushies--Made in the US. Gel free, good fit, natural cotton filler...if you had told me a few years ago that I would publicly write of the benefits of cotton filler in diapers I would have laughed at you...HARD

1.Earth's Best Tender Care Plus--My wife really likes these and I like that they are
Made with non-chlorine bleached materials that reduce dioxin pollution released into the environment , Made with natural absorbent materials such as corn and wheat-annually renewable resources that reduce the use of petro-chemicals
Non-woven inner and outer cover, made with plant based renewable resources.

Honorable Mention--The hybrid Gdiaper is very interesting at it utilizes a cloth shell and a disposable liner that biodegrades much faster than most others. The only diaper we've tested that my wife refuses to use again is the Seventh Generation brand, probably the most widely available of all the "eco-conscious" but poop i mean poor performance and bad fit made it a no go for us.

On a side note, the best place I have found to buy these is drugstore.com...though Diapers.com also has a reasonable selection and both offer fast shipping.

Final thought...HUGGIES is getting into the game, I just signed up for a free sample at
http://www.huggiespureandnatural.com/FreeSample.aspx

No comments:

map