Thursday, April 16, 2009

Book Review--Collapse of Distinction


I just finished my copy of the new Thomas Nelson publishing book by Scott McKain, Collapse of Distinction (Stand out and move up while your competition fails). I must say I was into it right from the title and front cover art...
The ideas are crisp and fresh and the writing style is definitely solid. Perhaps my favorite feature is the executive summary at the end of each chapter that make the book worthwhile even for those who may not have time to sit down and study it cover to cover (but a cover to cover study and reread are more than worthwhile).

I don't want to spoil it for you as it truly would be a worthy addition to the library of anyone interested in marketing, competition, and creating brand value, but it essentially chronicles how we ended up in the mess of sameness we find ourselves in today and how you and your brand/company/church/etc can create unique value and awareness to stand out from the crowd and win the customer while everyone else is competing WITH each other rather than FOR the customer.

Perhaps my favorite of many concepts...Don't Emulate, Create!

You can order your copy HERE!

No comments:

map