Monday, October 13, 2008

Top 3--#2

Well, since I opened the rap box with the first top 3, I decided to stay with it and do a related Top 3--

Top 3 rappers turned actors

The more I thought about this one the more I realized it was a LONG list, but upon closer examination, I was able to dump a BUNCH since playing yourself or a very similar person doesn't really qualify as acting (that's also why Vince Vaughn isn't an actor just a guy getting paid to be himself in front of a camera), so this cut eliminated Eminem, Snoop Dogg, and DMX among others....on with the count down

3. Queen Latifah
She has ended up being a better actress than she was rapper, and she wasn't a bad rapper!

2. Marky Mark--Mark Wahlberg
The Departed was great, and he stole the show...

1. Will Smith
When I first thought of this topic, he was the first person I thought of, he lost a few points for being a pretty awful rapper, but he is a world class actor and the biggest box office draw and goes easily from Ali to MIB to Pursuit of Happiness.

Honorable mention... goes to L.L. Cool J!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would have to agree with that list.

Peter Zefo said...

Don't forget about Ice-T on Law & Order: SVU. It's hard to be consistently good in a weekly series and he does a fine job with his role on that show.

map