Saturday, October 11, 2008

Prayers of the Saints

I spent the last couple days at Catalyst, which is a great conference, for work and got to hang out with a lot of cool people including the guys from the church my family attends. There were a lot of great speakers from Jim Collins to Dave Ramsey and Andy Stanley to Craig Groeschel.

The music was phenomenal and inspired me to by two turntables and a microphone!

I got a lot out of it and feel pumped and re-energized, but the wildest moment came on the ride home. On Thursday Craig Groeschel prayed that God would break our hearts for the things that break the heart of God and become "Ruined".

Driving home last night I was listening to some random music on the ipod, and after a top of the lungs ramble through Come on Eileen by Dexy's midnight runners, I came across one of my favorites from a couple years ago, it made me cry for the first time in years. It's from a worship album of old prayers put out by Trinity Vineyard in Atlanta, GA. The words are below and I pray they RUIN you!

Prayer of St. Francis

Make me an instrument of peace
where there is hate let me sow love
where there is hurt let me bring your healing
make me an instrument of peace
where there is fear let faith arise
where there is dark let me be your light
make of me your hands and feet
I want to be to the people around me
what you want to be to the people around me

its in the loving we find love
its in the giving we receive
its in the dying we are found

No comments:

map