Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I love my Wife!

Today I'm headed to Europe. I will be leaving shortly for the airport and I'll arrive in Munich, Germany, at around 8 a.m. tomorrow morning local time. What is a little unusual about this trip is that I'm leaving my increasingly pregnant wife and wild three year old son in Tennessee while I go. Oddly, I haven't really gotten much questioning about it from people who know about the trip. That worries me a little, I wonder if they aren't asking because they don't think it's weird to leave your family for ten days or if it's just not weird for me to do it, either way...a little unsettling.

I won't go into all the details about the how this unfolded as it has or why I find myself on a plane alone. But I do want to take a moment to cover my itinerary and then talk about the best wife in the world.

As I've already mentioned I will arrive in Munich and drive over to Augsburg, where I was born 30 years and 2 months ago. I'll spend the day looking over the city I left when I was not quite as old as my own son is now. From there I'll head to Garmisch for a few days, should be cold!

On Monday morning I'll head through Austria and down to Florence, Italy, for a couple days. Florence might be my favorite city in the WORLD! My grandmother was from the Naples area, so I'm drawn to Italy, but I'm also a HUGE fan of Renaissance History and Nicolo Machiavelli...so Florence is pretty much the center of the universe for all things me.

After a couple days in Florence, and since it's on the way back, I'll head to Venice, which is way too romantic to visit without my wife, but I'll bring here something nice! After that, it's a drive back to Munich for the Hofbrauhaus and an early flight home the next morning...all in time to go Trick or Treating with the family on Halloween night...as long as my flights aren't delayed!

So now that I've rubbed a little salt in the wound...

My wife is many things, smart, funny, tall, sexy, confident, talented, and an awesome wife and mom. Probably her greatest gift is her ability to blow up in fits of rage like none other I've witnessed and then be totally ok within ten minutes. Seriously, this is a one of a kind women with the ability to love a guy who goes on trips to Europe without her and I am a better man because she is a part of my life.

When I first met her almost nine years ago, I never could have imagined that I could love anyone as much as I do her now. With every test and trial, I come out loving her more. The night we met, I asked her a question "Why haven't I met you yet?" I'm so glad she answered!

While I'm away, I will eat good food, see great sights, read, pray, journal, maybe even blog, but more than anything else, I will love and miss my wife!

1 comment:

Klepper Family said...

How sweet. Well, while you're gone I'll look after her with lunches in the Dining Hall and bailing her out of babysitter dilemmas. We're actually going out tonight with dinner at IHOP and a chick-flick. It's a good thing she's a cheap date.
Have fun on your stupid, stupid trip.

p.s. She is a whole lot nicer than I am. You should count your self blessed - I can see that you do.

Be safe.

Klepper

map