Monday, November 10, 2008

TOP 3 #6

I am wrapping up my busy travel season this week with a quick trip over to Charlotte, NC. This has inspired me to rank something I use very often...

TOP 3 Hotel Chains

While I'm at it I'll also list my three favorite hotels, period.

In calculating my rankings, I use a combination of average property age and condition, number of locations, value, and general good vibes I get in a place.

3. Hilton
Started by Conrad himself, the Flagship brand of the Hilton Family of Hotels has outlets in nearly every city worth travelling to in the U.S. and many overseas. A couple of my favorites include the Hilton in Venice, Italy, and the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, CA.

2. W Hotels
This is the "hip" brand of Starwood Hotels who also own Westin, Sheraton, and a few others. I'm really not cool enough to stay here but it doesn't stop me! All of their properties are well located and nearly brand new.

1. Embassy Suites
For my travel dollar, Embassy offers the best combination of good locations, consistent service, and good value. The two room suites give plenty of room to stretch out, and the full free breakfast is very good. My favorites are the newest ones, Concord, NC, Huntsville, AL, Frisco, TX, etc...

Honorable mention goes to Westin, the reason they fell below Hilton in the ranking was that they are generally a few dollars higher and they have fewer U.S. locations. Best Cookie goes to Doubletree!

Top 3 Hotels in the U.S.

3. Woodlands Resort, Summerville, SC
PHENOMENAL service, great food, TRULY 5 star.

2. Hermitage Hotel, Nashville, TN
Great combination of history and luxury overlooking the state capitol.

1. Waldorf Astoria, NYC
A stay here is an event!

No comments:

map