Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday Thoughts


My family has been visiting my parents in Louisiana this week and I'm joining them today for the long weekend. Here is what's on my list of to-do's...


-See Mike the Tiger--Alexander cannot be in Baton Rouge for a week without visiting the big cat, Benjamin will meet him for the first time and my wife has prepared for the introduction by making sure Ben has a nice Tennessee Vols outfit to wear.

-Ease my Cafe du Monde withdrawals--must make at least one, preferably three or more trips to Cafe du Monde for Chickory Coffee and Beignets...I'll take pictures!



-NOT take any work related calls for five days--this one is tougher for me than it sounds. I don't do vacation well...heck, I'm making a to-do list!



-Visit Healing Place Church--I love what Dino and his team do. Their focus on being a Healing Place for a Hurting World is a great one line mission statement for the church, and Dino's book Servolution tells their story well and may even inspire you to start your own Servolution initiative.



-Do lots of important stuff--like sleep in, play with my kids, go swimming, and have a generally great time!

No comments:

map