Saturday, May 16, 2009

Things that annoy me about Worship Leaders


I was inspired to create this after reading a recent post by Chico...

I chuckled as I read the list because it was all so true, but then it also made me think of the things that have annoyed or frustrated me with various worship leaders over the years. I get the chance to sit in a lot of services of various style, but here are a few that have stood out to me...

--The Diva, you know the one, they go off on tangents of vocal drama that leave everyone watching in disbelief at what's happening...not in a good way

--The Rockstar, this guy usually shows up with a hangover...ya he's cool, but not THAT cool

--The Employee, it's obvious to everyone in the building that they're only here for the paycheck.

--The Choir Director, do we really need you to turn your back to us to direct the choir... really?

--The Teacher, I appreciate you helping me out by telling me the words before we repeat them in song, but they are on the screens and I can read...

--The Wanna be Preacher, that part comes AFTER you're done, so please get back to singing and stop with your sermonettes between verses...can I get an Amen

--The Copycat, yes Chris Tomlin is great, but you're not Chris Tomlin so please stop trying to sing "How Great Is Our God" in his voice... EVERY week.

--The Pained, sometimes it's the Bassist or Drummer, almost always the electric guitar and keyboard, the faces they make are AMAZING, makes me wanna offer them some Pepto...

--The Emo, enough with the hair and SKINNY JEANS!

3 comments:

Shane Tucker said...

Bro, this is HILARIOUS! I'm with you - completely. Thanks for th early morning laugh!

Chico Woo said...

Jeremy,

Thanks for reading and finding my weird sense of humor inspiring. I like your list also. Especially the emo.

I added an addition to my original list at http://chicowooblog.com/?p=205

Pete said...

some very good points there, and very funny too

map